***We are currently seeking donations for the stewardship and improvement of the Bald Pate Preserve Parking area.
Make a Donation to Bald Pate’s stewardship click here:
Bald Pate Mountain Preserve, located in South Bridgton, consists of 486 acres of forest, meadows, granite-topped scenic vistas and boasts a pristine ancient pitch pine forest atop its summit. The preserve was established in 1997 after a local grassroots effort led by Loon Echo generated interest and support to protect the mountain.
The 6.7 mile network of trails offers an array of recreational opportunities and views. All hiking trails are marked and signed and are maintained by a dedicated group of local stewardship volunteers.
Download the Bald Pate Map and Brochure
- Day hiking and dog walking
- Snowshoeing and back country skiing
- Cross country skiing (fee required payable at Five Fields Farm)
- Hunting (wear blaze orange in season)
- No motorized vehicles beyond parking areas (except where designated)
- Stay on marked trails, hike in single file and do not step on the fragile soils, especially at the summit
- Carry trash in, carry trash out
- No campfires or camping
- Keep pets under control at all times
- Do not disturb wildlife and plant-life
- Five Fields Farm offers cross country skiing on groomed trails that weave through apple orchards and the Bald Pate Mountain preserve.
Directions to Bald Pate Mountain
After approx. 5 miles you will pass Five Fields Farm Orchard. On the crest of the hill after the orchard, you’ll see sign for Bald Pate Mountain on the left side of the road.