Hacker’s Hill, located on Quaker Ridge Road in Casco, is a 27-acre oasis that provides 360-degree views of the White Mountains, Pleasant Mountain, and the Lakes Region. This property is open to the public for scenic viewing, picnicking, bird watching, hunting, small events, and walking.
From May to the end of October the gate is open to vehicle traffic (M, W, F, Sat, Sun 8:30 am-sunset) and easily accessed via a paved roadway leading 753 feet above sea level to the top of the hill. There, you will find 27 acres of open fields and amenities for activities like walking, kite flying, nature observation, picnicking, geo-cashing, sunset watching, photography and more. A gate at the bottom of the hill remains open from dawn to dusk and is closed on Tuesdays, Thursdays, July 4 and any inclement weather days.
The $800,000 capital campaign to protect Hacker’s Hill was completed in 2013 as a result of generous donations from the town of Casco, many businesses and members, and in part by the Land for Maine’s Future program.
Note – Hacker’s Hill is OPEN for the 2019 season as of May 1, 2019.
- May to the end of October the gate is open M, W, F, Sat, Sun; 8:30 am – Sunset
- Closed on Tuesdays, Thursdays, July 4 and any inclement weather days
We host several events that are open to the public throughout the season at Hacker’s Hill. The Hill is also available to reserve for private functions. Find out more here.
Summer 2019 Events
- Evening of Geology – August 21, 5:00 PM-7:00 PM | Hacker’s Hill Preserve, Casco
- Kids Yoga – August 24, 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM | FREE, but registration required
- Hawk Migration Watch – September 7 (rain date September 8), 9:00AM-12:00PM | Hacker’s Hill Preserve, Casco
- Day walking and domesticated pets allowed
- Picnicking and bird watching
- Kite flying and sunset viewing
- Small events and wedding ceremonies (reservation and fee required) – Find out more here.
- Hunting (by permission only; please wear blaze orange in season)
- Snowmobiling (on designated trail)
- Carry trash in, carry trash out
- No camping or nighttime use
- Keep pets under control ( on leash) at all times
- Do not disturb wildlife and plant-life
- Drive vehicles on the paved drive only and park vehicles in the designated parking area (refer to brochure map)
Directions to Hacker’s Hill
From Portland, follow Rt. 302 west. Take a right onto Quaker Ridge Rd. in Casco. Hacker’s Hill is located at the height of land on the north end of Quaker Ridge Rd.
For more information please download the Hacker’s Hill Map (pdf).