*The gate to drive up to the top of Hacker’s Hill is open Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat & Sun 8:30 a.m.to sunset for the 2018 season. Enjoy!
Hacker’s Hill, located on Quaker Ridge Road in Casco, is a 27 acre oasis providing 360 degree views of the White Mountains and Lakes Regions. This property is open to the public for scenic viewing and recreational opportunities, as well as for the cultural, historical and economic purposes.
The $800,000 capital campaign to protect Hacker’s Hill was completed in 2013 as a result of generous donations from the town and many businesses and members and in part by the Land for Maine’s Future program.
From May to the end of October the gate is open (M, W, F, Sat, Sun 8:30 am-sunset) and easily accessed via a paved roadway leading 753 feet above sea level to the top of the hill. There, you will find 27 acres of open fields and amenities for activities like walking, kite flying, nature observation, picnicking, geo-cashing, sunset watching, photography and more. A gate at the bottom of the hill remains open from dawn to dusk and is closed on Tuesdays, Thursdays, July 4 and any inclement weather days.
- Day walking and domesticated pets allowed.
- Picnicking and bird watching.
- Kite flying and sunset viewing.
- Small events and wedding ceremonies (reservation and fee required – Event Reservation Form & Terms_LELT 2017.
- Hunting (by permission only; please wear blaze orange in season).
- Snowmobiling (on designated trail).
- Carry trash in, carry trash out
- No camping or unauthorized night use.
- Keep pets under control at all times
- Do not disturb wildlife and plant-life
- Drive vehicles on the paved drive only and park vehicles in the designated parking area (refer to brochure map).
Directions to Hacker’s Hill
From Portland, follow Rt. 302 west. Take a right onto Quaker Ridge Rd. in Casco. Hacker’s Hill is located at the height of land on the north end of Quaker Ridge Rd.
For more information please download the Hacker’s Hill Map PDF.compressed (pdf).