Hacker’s Hill Project
Hacker’s Hill, located on Quaker Ridge Road in Casco, is a 27 acre oasis providing 360 degree views of the White Mountains and Lakes Regions. This property is open to the public for scenic viewing and recreational opportunities, as well as for the cultural, historical and economic purposes.
The $800,000 capital campaign to protect Hacker’s Hill was completed in 2013 as a result of generous donations from the town and many businesses and members.
Open five days a week from May to October and easily accessed via a paved roadway leading 753 feet above sea level to the top of the hill. There, you will find 27 acres of open fields and amenities for activities like walking, kite flying, nature observation, picnicking, geo-cashing, sunset watching, photography and more. A gate at the bottom of the hill remains open from dawn to dusk and is closed on Tuesdays, Thursdays, July 4 and any inclement weather days.
- Day walking and domesticated pets allowed.
- Picnicking and bird watching.
- Kite flying and sunset viewing.
- Small events and wedding ceremonies (reservation and fee required – Event Reservation Form & Terms_).
- Hunting (by permission only; please wear blaze orange in season).
- Snowmobiling (on designated trail).
- Carry trash in, carry trash out
- No camping or unauthorized night use.
- Keep pets under control at all times
- Do not disturb wildlife and plant-life
- Drive vehicles on the paved drive only and park vehicles in the designated parking area (refer to brochure map).
2014 Events at Hacker’s Hill
Acoustic Sunset at Hacker’s Hill – July 24, 7 p.m.
An Evening of Astronomy at Hacker’s Hill – July 29 and August 12, 7 p.m.
Evening of Geology at Hacker’s Hill – August 22, 3:45 p.m.
Hawk Migration at Hacker’s Hill – September 6, 9 a.m.
Visit the Event Calendar for more information about ongoing events and to register for the Hacker’s Hill Climb.
Directions to Hacker’s Hill
From Portland, follow Rt. 302 west. Take a right onto Quaker Ridge Rd. in Casco. Hacker’s Hill is located at the height of land on the north end of Quaker Ridge Rd.
We extend our gratitude to all those who contributed to our campaign. For a complete list of donors, please download our Donor Acknowledgement Booklet.
Make a donation online
Or you can give by
- Sending a check made out to “LELT” to 8 Depot St., Suite 4, Bridgton ME 04009 with Hacker’s Hill in the memo line.
- Pledging a gift over a two-year time period. Download and mail the pledge/gift form.
- Calling us at (207) 647-4352 to offer your pledge of support or gift by credit card.
For more information please download the Hacker’s Hill brochure.