Mayberry Hill Preserve
Loon Echo’s first preserve, Mayberry Hill in Casco, is comprised of 160 acres of mixed woodlands, meadow and streams. The majority of the land that makes up this preserve was donated to Loon Echo by the Gillis family in 1990. A one mile trail that meanders through the preserve is enjoyed by many visitors and local residents for hiking and educational opportunities. We ask all visitors to observe the use guide lines posted below.
- Day hiking and dog walking
- Snowshoeing and cross country skiing
- Hunting (please wear blaze orange in season)
- No vehicles, motorized or non-motorized, are allowed on the property
- Stay on marked trail
- Carry out what you carry in
- No campfires or camping
- Keep pets under control at all times
- Do not disturb wildlife and plant life.
Directions to the Mayberry Hill Preserve
From Portland, follow Rt. 302 to Rt. 121 which brings you into Casco. In the village center, turn right on Mayberry Hill Road, drive to the top of the hill. Turn left at the stop sign. The Preserve is a short distance on the right. Park along the road at the trail head, with wheels well off the road. Use caution here as a blind curve makes it difficult for other motorists to see.