Sebago Headwaters Preserve, located in Bridgton, is located between Bald Pate Mountain and Holt Pond Preserve. It serves an important role in protecting the health of the Sebago Lake watershed. This land acquisition was mainly funded by the State of Maine’s Land for Maine’s Future Program and donations from supporters of our Lake Region Legacy campaign to protect both Pleasant Mountain and lands in the Sebago Headwaters.
Currently there is no established trail system; however the land is open to the public for recreational and educational use. Please observe use guidelines listed below.
- Backcountry hiking, snowshoeing and skiing (on unmarked woods roads)
- Hunting (wear blaze orange in season)
- Trapping (by permission)
- Wildlife observation
- No motorized vehicles (except on designated snowmobile trails)
- Carry trash in, carry trash out
- No campfires or camping
- Keep pets under control at all times
- Do not disturb wildlife and plant-life
Directions to the Sebago Headwaters Preserve
Currently, the entry points into this preserve are located at Burnham Road and Fosterville Road.