September 19th, 2020 – September 27th, 2020
The Trek is going virtual! Community members and trail uses of all ages and abilities are invited to ‘Trek for the Trails’ to raise money to support Loon Echo’s 30 mile (and growing!) trail network in the Lake Region.
Trek for the Trails is Loon Echo Land Trust’s largest annual fundraising event. Funds raised from the Trek help Loon Echo steward over 8,000 acres of land and 30+ miles of trail in the Lake Region. Our goal this year is to raise $15,000 – about a quarter of the annual costs for maintaining LELT’s trails and preserves.
How it Works
Run, walk, hike, bike, skip or drive- all on your own time and to support the trails you love! You’ll have from 9/19/20 to 9/27/20 to complete your Trek. All Trekkers are encouraged to document their Trek with a selfie or video, as well as raise money from friends and family to support the trails they love.
You can complete their “Trek” by visiting any LELT preserve from September 19 to September 27. That means even a drive up to Hacker’s Hill makes you a Trekker!
Feeling competitive? Up for a challenge? Sign up for the competitive run division! Runners will be timed via a Strava segment on Pleasant Mountain. Up Bald Peak, across the ridge to the main summit, down Ledges Trail, back on Mountain Rd to the Bald Peak parking area. Top finishers in each category will be rewarded with a coveted Good Life Market pie and Strava bragging rights. The route will be marked with bright pink loon markers. The segment will go live on Saturday, September 19th, 2020. Run the segment as many times as you want, top finishers will be determined by Strava results as of 9 pm on Sunday, September 27th. Runners must have pre-registered in order to win a prize!
Trekkers are encouraged to raise money from friends and family to support their Trek and LELT trails! All trekkers who raise at least $100 will receive a free 2020 Trek for the Trails tech t-shirt. In addition, for each $20 raised, Trekkers will earn a raffle ticket to be entered into a raffle for prizes (including a season pass to Shawnee Peak!).
Trekkers can create a fundraising page when they register for the Trek, or download the 2020 Trek Pledge Form to get started.
** Please note, fundraising is encouraged, but not required for participation**
All Trek participants will automatically be entered into a raffle for prizes from local businesses, including one-day lift tickets and a 2020-2021 season pass to Shawnee Peak Ski Area!!
Increase your chances of winning by:
- raising money from friends and family (see above) and sending in a selfie from your Trek (+1 raffle ticket per participant).
- Taking a photo or selfie and emailing it to LELT or posting on your social media accounts and tagging LELT (an sending a screenshot to email@example.com).
- Youth 16 and Under are FREE with a registered adult
Tech Event T-Shirts are available for $20. Must be ordered (during registration) by 9/1/2020.
- Are pets allowed? Dogs (or cats!!!) on a leash are welcome to complete the Trek with you (make sure you include them in your selfie!).
- What kind of route support is there? Signage of the Trek run route at Pleasant Mountain will be posted and route maps will be available.
- When do I have to register by? Registration for the Trek will run through Saturday, September 26th.
- How do I win those awesome prizes?? Each registered Trekker is automatically entered into the raffle. You can earn more raffle tickets by raising money from friends and family (for each $20 raised, you earn a ticket), and sending in or posting and tagging LELT in a selfie or photo from your Trek (limit one per participant, screenshot must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org).
Thank you to our sponsors for supporting the 2020 LELT Trek for the Trails!
The Loon Echo Trek has been the largest annual fundraiser for Loon Echo Land Trust since 2001.