Loon Echo Land Trust in Bridgton, ME is seeking a summer stewardship intern to assist with trail work, boundary monitoring, invasive plant management, event staffing, and general office work such as preparing mailings and filing. Depending on experience, opportunities may also exist to assist in GIS management and map making, forest management, and wildlife and natural history interpretation.
- have a strong interest in the environment, natural resources, outdoor recreation, wildlife conservation, or a related field.
- be comfortable working outside for long hours
- ability to work independently and as part of a team
- minimum one year of college
- hold a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- have reliable transportation to Loon Echo’s office in Bridgton
Preference will be given to candidates who reside in Bridgton, Harrison, Denmark, Casco, Naples, Sebago, or Raymond, but all interested candidates are encouraged to apply.
Rate of Pay: $14 per hour
Hours: Approx. 32 hours per week for 12 weeks. Start and end dates are flexible. Some evening and weekend work will be required.
LELT Supervisor: Jon Evans, Stewardship Manager
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter, resume, and list of two references to Jon Evans, Stewardship Manager (Stewardship@lelt.org), by April 9th, 2021. Both academic and prior work references are accepted.