Request for Proposals: Peabody Fitch Woods Trail & Parking Construction
Loon Echo Land Trust is accepting bids to construct a driveway, parking area, and machine built walking trail at Peabody-Fitch Woods and Narramissic Farm located in South Bridgton. This project is developed with assistance provided by the Maine Grants & Community Recreation Program, Maine Bureau of Parks and Lands, through the Federal Highway Administration Recreational Trails Program.
PROJECT NUMBER: RTP 2023*
*A portion of this project has been funded with Federal Highway Recreational Trails Program assistance.
The Peabody-Fitch Woods trail & infrastructure project is a unique conservation project occurring on land owned by Loon Echo Land Trust (LELT) and the Bridgton Historical Society (BHS located in South Bridgton, ME). The project will provide recreational access to a newly acquired 250-acre parcel rich in local history, via the Narramissic Farm, a museum owned and operated by the BHS.
- Described work to be completed by August 1, 2020.
- LELT is responsible for all permits
- The project up for bid will consist of the following:
- Driveway from Narramissic Road to parking area, 350 feet long x 15 feet wide
- Parking area, 75 feet by 150 feet
- Machine built trail of approximately 0.8 miles
- Proposals should be submitted via email (pdf preferred) to Jon at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm on April 24th, 2020.