National Trails Day 2021
- Please consider a donation to support trail maintenance and construction in the Lake Region of Maine. It costs tens of thousands of dollars every year to care for our trails. Every dollar counts!
- Sign up to Trek for the Trails in September 2021! A $20 donation per adult qualifies you for prizes.
- Join us at Peabody-Fitch Woods in South Bridgton on Saturday, June 5th at 9am. Tools and training provided, please wear sturdy shoes and bring gloves if you have them! Registration is required here.
- Sign up for our E-News to be notified of future trail work days.
- Become a LELT ambassador! Next training is Thursday, June 10th at 7pm. Sign up here.
- Get outside on your favorite local trail! Or explore a new-to-you trail nearby. Take a friend who’s never been with you.
- Go the extra mile and bring a trash bag with you to collect and carry out any trash you see along the way.
- LELT Trails: www.loonecholandtrust.org/trails
- Maine Trails: www.mainetrailfinder.com
- Share why you love trails! What does it mean to you to have access to trails close by? How has time on the trails helped you this past year? Post your favorite LELT trail on social media and tag us!
- Write an op-ed to your local newspaper about why you love & value trails.
- Contact your state elected officials (House, Senate)) and encourage them to support funding for conservation and trails in Maine. Maine’s conservation funding program, Land for Maine’s Future, hasn’t been funded in over a decade. There is minimal public funding available for stewardship of our lands and trails. This means all conservation work, and the costs of caring for lands and trails in Maine, relies on private donations. Maine’s economy runs on our abundant natural resources and access to the outdoors, we need to invest in them.