- In season, the gate is open to vehicle traffic M, W, F, Sat & Sun from 8am – Sunset. The gate is closed T, Th, July 4th, and inclement weather days. You may walk up.
- Dogs must be kept on a leash
- Carry in, carry out. There is no trash service on the hill.
- No vehicles on the grass. All vehicles should remain on paved and gravel surfaces.
Hacker’s Hill Preserve, located on Quaker Ridge Road in Casco, is 27-acres of fields and woods that provides 360-degree views of the White Mountains, Pleasant Mountain, and the Lakes Region. This property is open to the public for scenic viewing, picnicking, bird watching, hunting, small events, and walking.
From May to the end of October the gate is open to vehicle traffic (M, W, F, Sat, Sun) and easily accessed via a paved roadway leading 753 ft above sea level to the top of the hill. The hill has a restroom, picnic tables, and open fields perfect for walking, kite flying, nature observation, picnicking, sunset watching, photography and more.
Hacker’s Hill Preserve was established in 2013 after a major fundraising effort. Generous donations from the town of Casco, many businesses and members, Land for Maine’s Future made the conservation of this special place possible.
Download the Hacker’s Hill Map and Brochure.
- May to the end of October, the gate is open Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday; 8:30am – Sunset
- The gate is closed on Tuesdays, Thursdays, July 4 and any inclement weather days.
- Picnicking and bird watching
- Kite flying and sunset viewing
- Small events and wedding ceremonies (reservation and fee required) – Find out more here.
- Hunting (by permission only; please wear blaze orange in season)
- Snowmobiling (on designated trail)
- Commercial & group use by permission only
- Carry in, carry out. There is no trash service. Please do not put trash in the outhouse.
- No camping or nighttime use
- Keep pets on leash at all times
- Do not disturb wildlife and plant life
- Vehicles must remain on the paved/gravel drive only
We host several events that are open to the public throughout the season at Hacker’s Hill. The Hill is also available to reserve for private functions. Find out more here.