NOTICE: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the bathroom at Hacker’s Hill is closed for your health and safety. Thank you for understanding.
Please follow all guidelines related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Hacker’s Hill Preserve, located on Quaker Ridge Road in Casco, is 27-acres of fields and woods that provides 360-degree views of the White Mountains, Pleasant Mountain, and the Lakes Region. This property is open to the public for scenic viewing, picnicking, bird watching, hunting, small events, and walking.
From May to the end of October the gate is open to vehicle traffic (M, W, F, Sat, Sun) and easily accessed via a paved roadway leading 753 feet above sea level to the top of the hill. The hill has a restroom (open when the gate is open) picnic tables, and open fields perfect for walking, kite flying, nature observation, picnicking, geo-cashing, sunset watching, photography and more.
Hacker’s Hill Preserve was established in 2013 after a major fundraising effort. Generous donations from the town of Casco, many businesses and members, Land for Maine’s Future made the conservation of this special place possible.
Download the Hacker’s Hill Map and Brochure.
Note – The Gate to Hacker’s Hill will close for winter on November 1st, 2019. You may walk up. The gate will reopen on May 1st, 2020.
- May to the end of October, the gate is open M, W, F, Sat, Sun; 8:30 am – Sunset
- Closed on Tuesdays, Thursdays, July 4 and any inclement weather days
We host several events that are open to the public throughout the season at Hacker’s Hill. The Hill is also available to reserve for private functions. Find out more here.
- Day walking and domesticated pets allowed
- Picnicking and bird watching
- Kite flying and sunset viewing
- Small events and wedding ceremonies (reservation and fee required) – Find out more here.
- Hunting (by permission only; please wear blaze orange in season)
- Snowmobiling (on designated trail)
- Carry trash in, carry trash out
- No camping or nighttime use
- Keep pets under control (on leash) at all times
- Do not disturb wildlife and plant-life
- Drive vehicles on the paved drive only and park vehicles in the designated parking area (refer to brochure map)
Directions to Hacker’s Hill
From Portland, follow Rt. 302 west. Take a right onto Quaker Ridge Rd. in Casco. Hacker’s Hill is located at the height of land on the north end of Quaker Ridge Rd.