Pondicherry Park is 66 acres of woodlands, fields, streams and wetlands owned and managed by the Town of Bridgton. Located in the heart of Downtown Bridgton, the park features trails, boardwalks, and an educational amphitheater. Loon Echo holds a conservation easement on Pondicherry Park to ensure its natural resources are protected in perpetuity.
Park Use Guidelines
- Visit quietly from 7 am to 10 pm
- Keep dogs on the designated trail
- Park bicycles/vehicles outside
- Stay on marked trails
- Refrain from feeding the wildlife
- Leave plants and animals undisturbed
- Carry out all that you carry in
- Camping and campfires are not allowed
- Firearm use is illegal in the park (town ordinance)
Free parking in the Depot Street Public Lot, behind Reny’s in downtown Bridgton.
- Download the Bridgton Historical Society App (for iPhone and Android) for a unique historical perspective on the park.
- For more information on the park visit http://bridgtonmaine.org/ or contact us.
In 2012, Loon Echo Land Trust and Lakes Environmental Association partnered to protect 66 acres in the center of Bridgton. The land acquisition and trail construction was funded by many generous donors and foundations. The park was subsequently gifted to the Town of Bridgton, who now manage the trail network on the property.