Conserving Your Land
Loon Echo protects land in two main ways: conservation easements and transfers of land. All land proposed for conservation passes through a review process to determine if the land has suitable conservation values, as well as other factors.
- Are you a landowner? Find out about your conservation options or download our landowner booklet, “Working Together to Conserve Land.”
- Learn more about our efforts to protect forestland in the Sebago Lake watershed here.
- Learn more about how landowners benefit from land conservation, the economics of land conservation, and additional conservation methods available to landowners.
Managing Your Land
- Learn How to identify and remove invasive plants
- Be Woods Wise: Learn about free resources from the Maine Forest Service
- Find a qualified forester to help you meet your goals for your land
- Learn about Maine’s Tree Growth Tax Program
- Familiarize yourself with Best Management Practices to protect water quality during timber harvests
Have general questions about managing your land? Contact us!