Learn More About Conserving Your Land
Loon Echo protects land in two main ways: conservation easements and transfers of land. All land proposed for conservation passes through a review process to determine if the land has suitable conservation values, as well as other factors.
- Are you a landowner? Find out about your conservation options here or download our landowner booklet, “Working Together to Conserve Land.”
- Learn more about our efforts to protect forestland in the Sebago Lake watershed here.
- Learn more about how landowners benefit from land conservation, the economics of land conservation, and additional conservation methods available to landowners.
- Understand the economic benefits of land conservation, parks and open space, visit the Trust for Public Land’s website where they offer multiple studies and resources.
Learn More About Managing Your Land
- How to identify and remove invasive plants
- Be Woods Wise, learn about free resources from the Maine Forest Service
- Find a qualified forester to help you meet your goals for your land
- Learn about Maine’s Tree Growth Tax Program
- Familiarize yourself with Best Management Practices to protect Water Quality during Timber Harvests
Have general questions about managing your land? Contact us!