The weather these days is perfect for hiking: cool, dry, and no bugs (but do remember to check for ticks!). We’ve seen a large increase in the use of our trails this year, and we expect that trend to continue through the fall as people seek out places to see the foliage. We’re issuing a few friendly reminders as we head into fall:
- If a parking lot is full, please do not park along the road out of respect for our neighbors and the safety of motorists.
- Leave no trace: carry out what you bring in. That includes dog poop!
- Please keep dogs on a leash at Pleasant Mountain, Bald Pate, Peabody-Fitch Woods, Raymond Community Forest and Hackers Hill.
- Heed all posted use guidelines.
- Always be prepared with enough water, snacks, and appropriate footwear & clothing.
Access to these special places is a privilege- one we’re grateful to be able to provide- but we’re all stakeholders. We all have a responsibility to care for the land and trails we use and love. Thanks for doing your part.