Want to help care for the place you love?
We depend on many volunteers to help carry out our mission to preserve, protect and maintain the character of our home – the Lake Region.
As a Loon Echo volunteer you could…
- Explore great new places and meet great new people
- Learn new skills
- Help LELT in our mission to protect & steward land for future generations
From trail maintenance to general office support, there is a perfect volunteer opportunity at Loon Echo waiting for you! If you have the passion, skills and time to offer to Loon Echo please fill out the form below. Or download the Volunteer Options Form, fill it out, and return it to us.
Ambassadors bring LELT’s message and work to a wider audience. These outreach opportunities are a fun and impactful way to engage with the community, and include hosting LELT information tables at local festivals, farmer’s markets, special events, and LELT preserve trail heads.
No prior experience is necessary; we will provide all the training, information, and materials you need! Ambassadors should be enthusiastic about LELT’s work & mission, and be comfortable interacting with a variety of audiences.
- Inform community members and preserve visitors about LELT- our work, how conservation works, information about the trails & preserve, Leave No Trace principles, and other safety information.
- Answer any questions
- Gather data on visitor behavior, questions, and challenges
- Use observations to develop suggestions on possible improvements for LELT
- Ambassadors will be asked to sign up for at least one opportunity for the 2021 season. Regular weekly or monthly opportunities can be arranged too.
- All volunteers will receive a volunteer t-shirt & hat.
- Locations: Pleasant Mountain (summit or trailheads), Hacker’s Hill Events, Bridgton Farmer’s Market (outside office on Depot St), special events & other opportunities as they arise.
All LELT Ambassadors must complete a one-hour training with LELT staff before completing an assignment. One-on-one or smaller group trainings will be coordinated as needed.
Trainings: June 3, 7pm on Zoom | Register
More to be planned!